Saturday, August 15, 2015

Exciting News with a Classroom Reveal

Well, it happened, I got my first teaching job! I am so thrilled and was completely overjoyed to meet my 27 third graders on Thursday.

Things happened really fast. About two weeks ago, I applied for a job that opened a few hours ago at about 11 pm. At 7am the next morning, I was called to come in for an interview and the next morning, I was offered the job! Since then, my life has been in a complete whirlwind, and I'm still trying to catch my breath.

In just 5 days and tons of man hour put in, I was able to set up my room entirely with the design of my choice. I cannot thank my friends and family who stayed at my school with me for over 12 hours. Without them, my classroom wouldn't look anywhere close to what it looked like on the first day of school!

Before I post about how to create/set up a classroom in a limited amount of time, I am going to post pictures of my little haven since I am just SO EXCITED to share with the internet!!

My classroom was heavily influenced by Kindercraze's classroom, which can be found here. Other influences either came from pinterest or myself.

















I plan on posting a more detailed blog post on where my things came from, in addition to tips for new teachers.

3 comments: